Bringing Needed Complimentary Landscape Services to the Heroes on the Frontlines of the Covid-19 Crisis
During these challenging times, the need is greater than ever to help our fellow Americans who are serving on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of us know emergency and/or medical professionals in our own communities who are working tirelessly in ERs and ICU units or driving ambulances across the country – away from their families and homes – to save lives and bring comfort to those stricken with Coronavirus.
GreenCare for Troops Wants to Help
Established in 2006, GreenCare for Troops is in a unique position to help a nurse, a paramedic or frontline healthcare professional in your community. We realize we can’t help all front-line heroes, but we hope that with your support we can provide the gift of green space to our community heroes in their time of need.
You and your team make up our large contingent of dedicated volunteers who already give so generously of your time and services for our active duty military families. And we applaud you! We’re hoping that if you are not currently matched – and we know many of you have been waiting for a family to help – that you’ll reach out and help a health care hero through October 1.
How It Works
Project EverGreen recommends you select someone in your community to receive services. You likely know someone, or have heard about someone in need and it’s up to you to determine how many individuals/families you can help, and what services you can provide. We suggest you identify people actively working in the healthcare field such as nurses, paramedics, nursing home staff, EMTs and hospital support staff.
Where to Find A Health Care Hero
Where can you find a healthcare hero to help? We suggest you tap into your business and social networks.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn friends and followers.
- School or church groups
- Local business associations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce)
- Fraternal organizations
- Neighborhood groups
Let Us Know Who You’re Helping
We ask that once you identify a family and set up the parameters of service, that you provide the name, address and services to our program managers – Ki Matsko and Nici Trem – and they will enter the information into our GreenCare for Troops database and make sure they are matched with you in our system.
We hope you’ll consider lending your support to this effort! We know the professional lawn care and landscape industry is ready and willing to do its part in taking care of our heroes during these uncertain times.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for your support!
Ki Matsko, Program Director
Nici Trem, Program Manager
GreenCare for Troops Cares for Our Healthcare Heroes
The following GreenCare for Troops volunteers have stepped up to help healthcare workers in their local communities during the COVID-19 crisis. They are supporting healthcare workers and first responders with complimentary lawn care and landscape services through October. Thank you for your amazing support of this initiative!
- Stephen Price, All Brothers Lawn Squad, Union City, Indiana
- Kandy/Dennis Raether, DK Seasonal Services, Muskego, Wisconsin
- Rich Green, DELIS Landscaping, Pennington, New Jersey
- Mike Wegner, Rubber City Landscaping, Akron, Ohio
- David Hadley, Austin, Texas
- Steve Stringer, Liberty Lawn & Landscape, Slidell, Louisiana
- Tom Maged, ThMaged Services, Plymouth, Michigan
- Brandon Isaman, Isaman’s Contracting, Randolph, New York
- Bill Hanley, Independence Lawns, Londonderry, New Hampshire
- Phil Fogarty, Weed Man, Cleveland, Ohio
- Jeff Kollenkark, Weed Man, Fresno, California
- Michael Tulp, Adam’s Pest Control, Port St. Lucie, Florida
- Max Clement, Maximum Weed Whacking, Burlington, Massachusetts
- Paul Fraynd, Sun Valley Landscaping, Omaha, Nebraska
- Gary Schneider, Lawn Enforcement, Baldwinsville, New York
- Jon Cundiff, Weed Man, Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- Aaron Beams, Greenway Landscape Services, Louisville, Kentucky
- Angie Bradley, Oasis Turf & Tree, Loveland, Ohio
- Peter Leahy, Natural Way, Lake Orion, Michigan
- Jim McCaskey, McCaskey Landscape & Design, Chardon, Ohio
- Jay Roche, Natural Surroundings, Damascus, Maryland