Celebrating 10 Years Of GreenCare for Troops and National GreenCare for Troops Awareness Week
For families of deployed military personnel and wounded or disabled veterans handling basic yard maintenance tasks can be a real challenge. To meet that challenge Project EverGreen established the GreenCare for Troops program to provide complimentary lawn and landscape care services to these deserving individuals.
Project EverGreen is celebrating the 10th anniversary of GreenCare for Troops this year and National GreenCare for Troops Awareness Week. Our goal is to raise awareness with military families and veterans about the services available, as well as recruit additional volunteers to provide these valuable services.
Over the history of the program, GreenCare for Troops has served more than 10,000 military families across the country with the tremendous assistance of more than 5,000 lawn and landscape contractor volunteers. The program has delivered an estimated $5 million of in-kind services to military families and veterans since the program’s inception.
GreenCare for Troops Facts & Figures
• 1 – White House Joining Forces Initiative Award
• 10 – The numbers of years GreenCare for Troops has been helping families of deployed military personnel
• 50 – States in which there are registered military families and volunteer contractors
• 2006 – The year GreenCare for Troops was launched
• 5,000 – Number of volunteer contractors that have registered to provide services through GreenCare for Troops
• 10,000 – Number of military families that have registered for GreenCare for Troops since program’s inception
• 150,500 – Estimated number of U.S. military personnel deployed overseas
• 3.6 Million – Number of veterans with a service-related disability needing assistance with day-to-day household and lifestyle assistance services
• $5 million – Estimated value of in-kind services provided to military families and veterans through GCFT since the program’s inception
To help our registered volunteers promote their participation in the program we have created a volunteer promotional tool kit with a customizable press release, infographic, suggested social media posts, talking points, and facts and figures.
To download contact GreenCare for Troops program coordinator Ki Matsko at 888/611-2955
We encourage volunteers to share information about your involvement with GreenCare for Troops with the local media, civic and veterans groups in your community. Put the logo and add the new GreenCare for Troops video to your on your website, post to Facebook, send a Tweet, or send an e-mail to your customers – spread the word anyway you can.
For military families or wounded and disabled or wounded veterans interested in registering for service they can do so online at www.ProjectEverGreen.org
Project EverGreen would also like to recognize The Toro Company for its generous support of the program.
Our final thank you is to the military families and veterans we serve. Thank you for your service and sacrifice to our country, and to protecting freedom at home and around the world.