Bringing Needed Complimentary Snow Removal Services to the Healthcare Heroes on the Frontlines
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the need is greater than ever to help our healthcare professionals and first responders who are serving on the front lines. Most of us know emergency and/or medical professionals in our own communities who are working tirelessly in ERs and ICU units or driving ambulances to save lives and bring comfort to those stricken with Coronavirus.
SnowCare for Troops Wants to Help
Established in 2010, SnowCare for Troops is in a unique position to help a nurse, a paramedic or frontline healthcare professional in your community. We realize we can’t help all front-line heroes, but we hope that with your support we can provide the gift of a clear, safe driveway to community heroes in their time of need.
You and your team make up our large contingent of dedicated volunteers who already give so generously of your time and services for our active duty military families. And we applaud you! We’re hoping that if you are not currently matched – and we know many of you have been waiting for a family to help – that you’ll reach out and help a health care hero this winter.
How It Works
Project EverGreen recommends you select someone in your community to receive complimentary snow removal services through April 1, 2021. You likely know someone, or have heard about someone in need and it’s up to you to determine how many individuals/families you can help We suggest you identify people actively working in the healthcare field such as nurses, paramedics, nursing home staff, EMTs and hospital support staff. However, anyone you feel is greatly affected by this pandemic can be chosen.
Where to Find A Healthcare Hero
Where can you find a healthcare hero to help? We suggest you tap into your business and social networks.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn friends and followers.
- School or church groups
- Local business associations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce)
- Fraternal organizations
- Neighborhood groups
Let Us Know Who You’re Helping
We ask that once you identify a family and set up the parameters of service, that you provide the name, address and services to our program managers – Ki Matsko and Nici Trem – and they will enter the information into our SnowCare for Troops database and make sure they are matched with you in our system.
We hope you’ll consider lending your support to this effort! We know the professional snow and ice removal and landscape industry is ready and willing to do its part in taking care of our healthcare heroes during this critical time.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for your support!
Ki Matsko, Program Director
Nici Trem, Program Manager
SNOWCARE FOR TROOPS CARES FOR OUR HEALTHCARE HEROES
The following SnowCare for Troops volunteers have stepped up to help healthcare workers in their local communities during the COVID-19 crisis. They are supporting healthcare workers and first responders with complimentary snow removal services through April 1, 2021. Thank you for your amazing support of this initiative!
- Nicholas Donohue, Donohue Lawn Care Inc., Thompson, Connecticut
- James Koopman , K Squared Quality Lawncare and Snow Removal LLC, Hopkins, Michigan
- Jon Hubacek, Hub Landscape and Lawn Care Inc, Burr Ridge, Illinois
- Jeremy Holgate, Holgate’s Heroes, West Abington Twp., Pennsylvania
- David Holt, Turning Leaves Landscaping LLC, Fremont Center, New York
- Bill Hanley, Independence Lawns LLC, Londonderry, New Hampshire
- Justin Capwell, JKC Contracting & Landscape, Wallkill, New York
- Kyle Lindstrom, Lindy’s Snow Removal, Golden Valley, Minnesota
- Brad Dahl, BTSA LLC, Buffalo, Minnesota
- Mike Wegner, Rubber City Landscaping, Akron, Ohio