The Environmental Communicator of the Year Award is a awarded annually by The Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA).
The award, sponsored by Project EverGreen, is given annually to an active green industry member for outstanding efforts in communicating the benefits of environmental stewardship to a particular audience within the turf and ornamental industry.
Entering its 20th year, this prestigious award has been given to an accomplished group of professionals including:
- Mark Welterlen, former Grounds Maintenance magazine publisher
- Bill Love, W.R. Love Golf Architecture
- Tim Doppel, Atwood Lawncare, Inc.
- Doug Fender, former Executive Director, Turfgrass Producers International
- Allen James, RISE CEO
- Rod Dodson, Audubon International
- Jeff Gullickson, Spokane Country Club
- Kevin Trotta, Grounds Manager, IPM Specialist, Cornwall, NY
- Helen Stone, publisher, Southwest Trees & Turf magazine
- Allied Golf Associations of Colorado
- Drs. Larry Stowell and Wendy Gelernter, PACE Turf
- Christopher Gray, Precise Path Robotics (formerly Marvel Golf Club in Kentucky)
- Anthony Williams, director of grounds at Stone Mountain Golf Club, Stone Mountain, GA
- Dr. Frank Rossi, associate professor, extension turfgrass specialist, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Phil Fogarty of Weed Man and Crowley’s Vegetation Management
- Brandon Horvath, assistant professor, Department of Plant Sciences, University of Tennessee
- Dr. Brian Horgan, professor, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Dr. Frank Wong, Bayer CropScience
- Mayor Mike Duggan, City of Detroit