Community Impact: Project EverGreen comes to the Phoenix and the Valley of the Sun to help revitalize Lindo Park. The project will
support a more connected, safer and more prosperous neighborhood around the nearly half-a-century old park in South Phoenix and give the 22-acre park something it has always wanted: a real ballpark.
• Surveying the field to determine existing and proposed elevations of the infield, home plate, pitching rubber(s) and bases.
• Laying out new grass edges along 1st and 3rd base lines and mark out in the field.
• Re-inspecting and adjusting the irrigation system to insure proper coverage in the outfield.
• Fertilizing and silting seed for the outfield turf – nearly 60,000-square-feet.
• Laying out and rebuilding the pitcher’s mound and install a new pitching rubber.
• Laying out and rebuilding the batter’s boxes/catcher’s box and installing a new home plate.
• Grading the infield surface to cut high areas and fill low areas.
Project Date: January 21, 2019
Estimated Project Value:
Estimated Value of Volunteer Time:
Sports Turf Management Association (STMA)
City of Phoenix Parks & Recreation Department
Sports Field Solutions, LLC