Project EverGreen is seeking a full-time Development Director to join our dedicated team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate who is passionate about the outdoors, the environment and the greater community our mission aims to serve; with the grit and tenacity to pursue all opportunities and donations that will help bring the mission and vision of this non-profit to life.
The Development Director will work to meet the mandate of the foundation by working with the board of directors and the Executive Director to identify champions and donors with the aim of positively engaging their participation in foundation activities. Fundraising with grass roots community groups, allied industry and corporate donors is a key component of the position, while also encouraging these groups to have an active participation in the community greening efforts.
The Development Director will work in conjunction with the Project EverGreen staff to identify new funding opportunities and cultivate current relationships with prospects, donors, foundation and other stakeholders focusing on major gifts.
Experience and Abilities
- Leads development of annual fundraising goals
- Provides oversight of development activities including foundation and federal grants, corporate and individual giving, endowments and fundraising events that enhance development
- Oversees the execution of the development plans by leading and managing all activities necessary for the successful achievement of development goals
- Builds and administers a broad direct mail program and process
- Personally manages a portfolio of 100+ major gift donors and prospective donors for stewardship, cultivation and solicitation
- BA/BS or equivalent with 5-7 years in a non-profit development setting. CFRE preferred
- Some travel required
- Salary range based on experience; range $70,000 to $80,000
- Energetic, outgoing, flexible and ability to thrive in a collaborative, evolving environment
- Communications and marketing experience
- Digital and social media experience; online fundraising
- Demonstrates computer literacy
- Demonstrates facility with grant writing and reporting
- Demonstrates ability to plan budgeting process
- Demonstrates working knowledge of donor software database systems
Submit your complete application to email@example.com with Development Director in the subject line. All qualified applicants should submit:
- A cover letter stating your interest, qualifications and salary requirements
- A resume outline your skills and experience
Please visit www.projectevergreen.org to learn more about the Project EverGreen Foundation.
This position will remain open until filled.