We know that red is the official color of Valentine’s Day but there is another color that you should consider sharing your feelings with – green. Green spaces that is.
In honor of Valentine’s Day Project EverGreen, a national non-profit committed to bringing people together to make a difference in how yards, parks and communities support a greener, healthier, cooler Earth by creating and revitalizing managed green spaces, releases its Five Reasons to Love Green Spaces list:
1. Walking barefoot across a lush green lawn is like getting a hug from your yard.
2. Sitting underneath your favorite tree provides the perfect quiet place to reflect on your day.
3. Laughter from kids playing in your neighborhood park instantly brings a smile to your face.
4. Downtown green spaces provide the perfect break for office workers and result in enhanced afternoon productivity.
5. Maintained parks provide healthy and safe play areas for kids to unwind in after a day in the classroom.
“Green spaces are not defined by a fence or sidewalk. Managed parks, grass play surfaces and trees provide respite from the heat, a tranquil place to relax and a gathering spot for neighbors to share a personal connection,” says Cindy Code, executive director of Project EverGreen. “Think of parks as the lungs of your city. Thriving parks result in healthy, thriving communities.”
Explore our website for more information on how you can get involved in a project to promote a greener, healthier, cooler Earth through green spaces visit Project EverGreen.